Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Monitor Folder For TV Series Options · View
hart2hart
Posted: Tuesday, September 20, 2022 2:55:31 PM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (6602)
I've ripped all 8 seasons of the TV series Castle into a folder. When I monitor the folder, I get issues because the 8 season TV series Castle exists but there is also a 5 season series by the same name that only has first 5 seasons. I didn't realize this so I monitored the folder and it created series incorrectly.

To see what was happening, i acted like I was adding title TV series called Castle and the 5 season version showed up first in the list.

I thought as a fix, I would add the correct version to my collection before monitoring so it could just set the file names. Monitor added the 5 season version anyway and the results were all mixed up.
They both were started in 2009 so adding the year did not help and in fact the 2009 only confused monitor as in Castle 2009. I also tried combinations of strict and loose.

How can I get full 8 season TV Series to be selected by monitor so it can fill in the file names for them?

I tried naming the folder Castle [United States ABC 2009] and it located different one season 6 episode series about English Castles. is there some variation of this naming scheme that will select the correct (to me) series title?
binnerup
Posted: Wednesday, September 21, 2022 9:43:21 AM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (157620)
hart2hart
Posted: Wednesday, September 21, 2022 2:01:25 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (6602)
binnerup wrote:
Try to right click the title in the Collection Management app and use the change title option.

Thanks for advice but I’m not clear which title or where in collection management to use right click.

Are you saying to add the correct title to my collection and then change its name and then use that name as the folder name that gets monitored? I did this and it created every episode as SXXEXX instead of filling in the filename for the episode that is part of the series. I used both Loose and Strict with same results.
binnerup
Posted: Wednesday, September 21, 2022 4:28:47 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (157620)
hart2hart
Posted: Wednesday, September 21, 2022 4:36:02 PM

binnerup wrote:
Right click the title in the title list in Collection Management.

Sorry if I'm being dense but I cannot find a rename option when Right Clicking on the title. Picture please?
hart2hart
Posted: Wednesday, September 21, 2022 8:40:08 PM

I got there.

Thanks
binnerup
Posted: Friday, September 23, 2022 9:49:27 AM