Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

INVESTIGATE: In regards to the new search functionality Options · View
jekyl
Posted: Saturday, November 5, 2022 4:44:55 AM

Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (90713)
Not complaining at all, I actually do like the new search function and how much more advanced it is, but is there any way to tweak it at all to make it work faster or smoother? Or maybe even have the ability to revert back to the old version if you want? It works great but it's soo slow and sluggish.

And I know for me personally, almost every time I use the search function, it's when I'm out and about and trying to see if I own a title already or not. And for that I need it to work as fast as possible.
binnerup
Posted: Saturday, November 5, 2022 10:54:24 AM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (157956)
Your collection is larger (nearly 10,000 titles) than what we have tested with, so we might need to test with a collection this size.

Can you let us know of your OS version and device model?

Having two different implementations is not ideal - we need to see if we can tweak this.

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows
jekyl
Posted: Saturday, November 5, 2022 10:39:53 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (90713)
Fair, I can see how it would not be ideal, and I understand how of course it would take longer to search my collection, it being soo big, but it's a function I use a lot, so it's not ideal for me that it works soo slowly.

Just today for example I ran into this problem, I was in a pawn shop, looking through blu-rays to purchase, and using my movies to cross-reference and make sure I don't have them already, I mean that is technically the main reason for the app. It's what I sold a couple friends on in convincing them to download the app in the first place.

But it ended up taking soo long o search each title that I gave up and instead used the BluRay.com app to cross-reference instead. Which is not ideal, as I don't want to use their app at all. I want to stay in my movies for everything. And the old search function was super quick.

For further info I'm currently using the Samsung Note 20 Ultra, but I'll be switching over to the Galaxy Z Fold 4 sometime in the next few days. I'm on Android version 12 One UI 4.1
binnerup
Posted: Sunday, November 6, 2022 10:07:59 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (157956)
jekyl
Posted: Sunday, November 6, 2022 10:53:43 AM

Okay. I'm attaching a video I just took. Like I said, it doesn't move super slow, but it's slow enough, that if I need to utilize it while I'm in a store and just need a quick answer I'm not going to be able to use it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tjtwemjtresp6dc/Screen_Recording_20221106_045017_My%20Movies.mp4?dl=0
binnerup
Posted: Sunday, November 6, 2022 10:59:50 AM

jekyl
Posted: Tuesday, November 15, 2022 5:24:18 PM

I was just hoping to remind, as this is seeming like a daily issue for me. But is it possible at all to give the option to switch back to the old search functionality within your collection? I find it takes far too long for us with larger collections to search anything. To the point where when I'm out, I'm actually opening up My Movies 3 to search my collection, and that's not the ideal right? You want to avoid people utilizing other apps.
binnerup
Posted: Tuesday, November 15, 2022 5:41:21 PM

It is something we still have on the list - the next pre release will contain some optimisation, but not the end result of it.

It will not be an option to switch back to the old search functionality, no - but please let us optimize it as much as we can before concluding on it.

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

jekyl
Posted: Tuesday, November 15, 2022 6:58:06 PM

Okay awesome! Thank you Brian!
binnerup
Posted: Tuesday, November 15, 2022 8:45:24 PM

So - do not expect too much from it on the next pre release, it is mainly cleaning up in reading some data it did not need to read.

We have a situation where we data wise handle this a bit less optimal than what it could be, so we still believe there could be significant performance gains to find, which we will try first, but the ones in this pre release will be relatively limited.

jekyl
Posted: Wednesday, November 16, 2022 3:39:51 PM

Is it possible that these tweaks are affecting it now? I was just going to create another thread, but I guess it could fit in here too. But just by chance I happened to be looking up Jackass in my search bar just now and it only pulled up half of the the jackass titles in my collection.

I'm not sure of what other titles to test it out with, but I just happened to be looking up Jackass Forever, to see when I purchased it, and it wasn't coming up in the search. And upon looking, I noticed half of my jackass discs weren't coming up...

File Attachment(s):
Screenshot_20221116_092638_My Movies.jpg (628kb) downloaded 2 time(s).

binnerup
Posted: Wednesday, November 16, 2022 10:38:57 PM

jekyl
Posted: Thursday, November 17, 2022 3:55:57 AM

Oh okay sweet. I'm glad it's not an unknown issue.
binnerup
Posted: Friday, November 18, 2022 1:56:26 PM

Good news - this have taken us quite some time, but we believe we now after re-coding and checking many, many things have found the bottleneck.

The next release should see significant performance increase here.

jekyl
Posted: Friday, November 18, 2022 2:04:14 PM

Amazing news! Thanks for all the hard work guys!
binnerup
Posted: Saturday, November 19, 2022 9:30:40 AM

jekyl
Posted: Saturday, November 19, 2022 10:27:06 PM

It's beautiful! Works super fast and efficiently now!
binnerup
Posted: Sunday, November 20, 2022 11:12:13 AM