Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Microsoft SQL Server could not be downloaded Options · View
ede pp
Posted: Friday, January 12, 2018 2:59:02 PM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (0)
Hello together,

I needed to reinstall Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit and all the Software I had installed before.

I was using My Movies 4.06 and was very satisfied. Now I wanted to reinstall My Movies 4.06 but the Installation failed because I get the message 'Microsoft SQL Server could not be downloaded'.

I would be very pleased if someone can help me.

Kind regards
ede

binnerup
Posted: Friday, January 12, 2018 3:03:37 PM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (139014)
ede pp
Posted: Friday, January 12, 2018 5:12:40 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (0)
Thanks for your reply.

Is it possible to install first My Movies 5.2 and after that downgrade to Version 4.06 or is there any other solution to fix my problem?

I prefer My Movies 4.06 because it is functional with my Windows Media Center, i.e. to edit the comments to my self made movies (family, journeys, etc.). I tried My Movies 5.24 and I had the problem that I could not sort my movies by year, genre, title in the main screen called 'Filmbibliothek'. Even I could not start my selfmade movies out of this screen.

Version 4.06 did all this very fine.
binnerup
Posted: Saturday, January 13, 2018 9:07:43 AM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (139014)
You cannot, no - it installs a different SQL Server version.

However, if you have problems under My Movies 5, you can naturally request support for that, but My Movies 4 is no longer supported.

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows
fdavis71
Posted: Saturday, January 13, 2018 2:40:07 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (3832)
Hello ede. I completely wiped out my Windows 7 64-bit installation of My Movies and SQL not too long ago and was able to successfully install My Movies 4.06 which uses SQL 2005. The steps I took are outlined below.

1. Uninstalled My Movies from Programs and Features.
2. Uninstalled all instances of SQL from Programs and Features.
3. Ran the My Movies Clean tool.
4. Deleted any My Movies and SQL directories left behind.
5. Downloaded Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition (SQLEXPR.EXE) and renamed the file, "SQLEXPR32.EXE".

(When attempting to install My Movies 4 prior to this SQL would fail to download and install. Checking the "C:\ProgramData\MyMovies" directory created by the installer I found a file 0kb in size named, "SQLEXPR32.EXE".)

6. Ran the My Movies 4 installation file. Prior to selecting the type of installation I placed the "SQLEXPR32.EXE" file in the "C:\ProgramData\MyMovies" directory the installer created.
7. Selected the type of installation (stand-alone in my case) and next. The installer then showed that it was attempting to install SQL, a separate dialog box being displayed wanting to run the "SQLEXPR32.EXE" file. Selected the option to run the file.
8. After a time I received another separate dialog box asking if I was sure I wanted to install SQL and that if I did "Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 3" should be installed afterwards. I selected the option to continue with the SQL installation.
9. After a few minutes the My Movies installer notified me that the required components for My Movies had been installed, the option given to install the actual My Movies application.

The My Movies installation completed successfully at that point. When running the Collection Management application it was able to connect to the My Movies database instance without issue prompting me to log in to my account which I was able to do. Once logged in I was able to restore my local My Movies 4 database that I had backed up. Have tested extensively since then encountering no issues.

My DVD/Blu-ray Collection
Home Theater Gallery
ede pp
Posted: Monday, January 15, 2018 3:40:41 PM

Hello fdavis71,

Thank you soooo much for your detailed instruction how to install My Movies 4.06. I followed exactly these steps and at the end my Movies 4.06 is working!!

However now I have the problem that I found only a few movies in the collection Management. To import all my selfmade movies I started the collection Management and selected File/Import/Folder Content. I selected the HDD-folder where my movies are saved, i.e. D:\Multimedia\DVDs. In this folder and subfolders are more than 150 selfmade movies stored. Than I klicked the import-button and the import starts.

I was surprised that only a few movies were imported, just only about 30 movies.

What could be the reason? Do you have any idea?

Best wishes
ede
ede pp
Posted: Wednesday, January 17, 2018 5:11:09 PM

Hello,

I just want to tell that now My Movies 4.06 works fine and (nearly) all my selfmade movies can be found in the Collection Management.

I had several problems because I made a simple mistake while installing My Movies 4.06: I downloaded the GERMAN Version of the Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition. Taking the ENGLISH version everything works fine.

Thank you once more.

Best wishes
ede
fdavis71
Posted: Saturday, February 03, 2018 3:11:54 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (3832)
Great to hear the steps I outlined worked for you. Most excellent. Thought I'd also mention that the "Import Actors/Crew from IMDB.com" feature with My Movies Collection Management 4.06 hasn't worked for some time. There's good news though. Upgrade to My Movies 4.07 and you'll find the feature works once again. I've actually been running My Movies 4.07 for about 6 months or so. Works great. Just download My Movies 4.07 and install it on top of 4.06. You don't need to uninstall 4.06 first.

My DVD/Blu-ray Collection
Home Theater Gallery
ingalls
Posted: Monday, March 05, 2018 11:30:50 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2502)
Is there a possibility to do the same with mymovies for windows home server 2011? I tried to install the 2.15 version but it cannot connect to the mysql database. I tried with Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition but don't work.
Thanks for help