Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Filtering, sorting mechanism for mapping Disc Bluray, DVD episodes Options · View
jkwaterman
Posted: Tuesday, April 02, 2019 5:00:18 PM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2726)
Hi,

I would like to request a filtering and sorting mechanism for mapping Bluray, DVD disc episodes in order to make the task less tedious and time consuming.

When I go in to map episodes for DVD and Blu-ray discs, I see a long list of Title/Chapter entries, sometimes over a hundred, many of which are just a few seconds long and are obviously not an episode. I have to scroll through the list slowly, searching for actual episodes. Then, when I find them, I sometimes have to compare different records to each other, trying to determine which is episode 1 or 2 or 5 or whatever, so I'm scrolling back and forth for a while trying to piece them together. This can take me 5-15 minutes per disc to do this correctly.

An optional filter for "RunTime" on this screen would be super helpful. For example, showing only entries with a runtime of > 15 minutes would allow me to quickly see just the real episode entries for a half hour comedy series. If I could show only entries with a runtime of > 45 minutes that would allow me to easily find the 2 or 3 Game of Throne episodes buried in the list of hundreds of records on each disc. One Game of Thrones disc (Season 2 Disc 5 with Episode 10 and tons of bonus features) has nearly 500 Title/Chapter records on it, and only 1 episode!!! It's not easy scrolling through so many records looking for a single entry!!!

Similarly, having a toggle to only show MPLS records would be great when mapping Blu-ray Discs. Since you have to have an MPLS # for the episode on a Blu-ray, all those non-MPLS Title/Chapter entries are just in the way and confusing.

It would also be super helpful if the columns could be sorted on demand. For example, if I could first filter by episode runtime > 45 minutes, then sort by MPLS #, I could easily find and map all the Game of Thrones episodes in a few seconds, since these Blu-ray discs like to have episodes starting at 800 and incrementing from there (i.e. on Game of Thrones, it seems that MPLS 0805 is always Episode 6, no matter which disc or season).

I think these filters and sort options would also help other users be more accurate. All too often I find that another user has contributed episode mappings that are wrong, and I don't blame them, this is hard to do! But if you could make this easier for all users, I think the accuracy of mapped episodes will improve for all, and I think more users may also be willing to map episodes, improving the experience for everyone.
domohh
Posted: Friday, April 05, 2019 9:35:02 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (4182)
I add myself to this feature request. I have the same problem with X-Files complete, 11 seasons on 60 disc... this would help a lot.
pauven
Posted: Wednesday, May 08, 2019 2:09:01 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (76)
Yes, please do this! I do a lot of Blu-ray TV series, and I have to map almost every disc because what is in the online database just doesn't have the episodes mapped.

This is one of the hardest things to do in collection management. jkwaterman's suggestions would make this so much easier.

Please!

Paul

Chameleon MediaCenter (CMC) v3.0 - Finally for My Movies, a MCE replacement for Windows 10, plus a Music Library!
binnerup
Posted: Wednesday, May 08, 2019 9:42:39 AM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (133565)
manni
Posted: Tuesday, October 29, 2019 1:00:37 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (7801)
binnerup wrote:
I will see what we can do on this...

I hope you find a way to improve this if at all possible, it's a great suggestion.

Even if the selection by a specific duration isn't possible, simply having the option to sort the chapters by length would be super useful (as long as it's an option, it can also useful to see the content in the playlist order so as not to change the episode order when they assigned an incremental playlist number, which would happen if they were sorted by track length).

Maybe you'll manage to squeeze it in when fixing the issue we discussed recently, as it's roughly in the same area (MPLS data)? :)

MCE Win10 Pro X64 with MCE add-on / MM V5.25 / CMC / MPC-HC / LAV / madVR / nVidia 398.11
Corei7 / 4.0GHz / 16GB RAM / 2TB SSD / EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 / LG 4K 28" / JVC RS2000 (N7) / Denon X8500H / Dune Base 3.0 / M9272 Oppo 203
MM Pro for iPhone 8 and iPad Pro
QNAP TS-809 48TB (8x6TB RAID6) + Qnap TS-859 48TB (8x6TB RAID6) + Thecus N5200 7.5TB (5x1.5TB RAID5)
+ Synology 48TB DS-2411+ (12x4TB RAID6) + Synology 72TB DX-1211 (12x6TB RAID6) + Intel 8TB RAID5 (3x4TB)
pauven
Posted: Tuesday, October 29, 2019 8:31:41 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (76)
manni wrote:
it can also useful to see the content in the playlist order so as not to change the episode order when they assigned an incremental playlist number, which would happen if they were sorted by track length

Just an interesting observation to share: a LOT of TV Series have episodes on the disc in a non-incremental order. Seems like HBO likes to go in reverse, some other shows too. Some seem completely random. It's frustrating to discover that someone has gone through all the effort of contributing episode mappings only to find out they were wrong.

Case in point, I've been fixing The Sopranos lately, which were mapped incrementally but are actually arranged decrementally on most (but not all) of the discs. It seems many users assume (naturally) that the episodes would be in incremental order in the disc structure and don't take the extra step of validating before mapping.

Mapping episodes correctly is hard work. Anything that can done to improve accuracy is highly welcome.

Chameleon MediaCenter (CMC) v3.0 - Finally for My Movies, a MCE replacement for Windows 10, plus a Music Library!